Budget Session: President Droupadi Murmu on Wednesday made her first ever address in the New Parliament building during the Budget Session which commenced today. In her address, the President hailed work done by the Modi government including realising the dream of Ram Mandir, Chandrayaan-3, G20 Summit, Asian Games, Har Ghar Jal among other initiatives. “…This is my first address in the new Parliament building. This grand building has been built at the beginning of the Amrit Kaal. This has the fragrance of ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshth Bharat’… This also has the resolve to honour democratic and parliamentary traditions. Besides this, it also has the resolve to build new traditions of the new India of the 21st century. I am confident that there will be meaningful conversation on policies, in this new building.”
President Murmu recounts Ram Mandir, abrogation of Article 370 as Modi govt’s achievements
- In the last 10 years, India saw the completion of several works towards national interest that had been awaited by the people of the country for decades. The construction of Ram Temple was awaited for centuries. Today, it has become a reality… abrogation of Article 370 from J&K is history now, the President said.
- My government has also implemented ‘One Rank One Pension’. Former armed forces officials have received around Rs 1 lakh crore since the implementation of OROP, she said.
- People were hopeful of construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya for centuries and that dream has been fulfilled now.
- People also wanted the abrogation of Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir. Now, Article 370 is also history.
President Murmu praises govt for fighting corona, global issues
In the past years, the world witnessed two major wars and faced a pandemic like Corona. Despite such global crises, my government kept inflation under control in the country and did not let the burden on common Indians increase, President Droupadi Murmu said.
Make-in-India, Aatamnirbhar Bharat India’s strengths, says Murmu
- ‘Make in India’ and ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ have become our strengths, the President said in her address during the Budget Session of the Parliament.
- The President also lauded defence production crossing Rs 1 lakh crore mark.
President hails Indian economy success, G20, Atal Tunnel
- The last year was full of accomplishments for India. There were many successes – India became the fastest-growing economy. India became the first nation to reach the south pole of the Moon, President Murmu said.
- The successful G20 Summit hosted by India strengthened the role of India in the world, she added.
- India won more than 100 medals in Asian Games. India also got the Atal Tunnel.
Women reservation bill passed, people uplifted from poverty, says President Murmu
President Murmu also mentioned other achievements by the Modi government includng passage of women reservation’s bill, uplifting 25 crore people from poverty, bringing three times more foreign investments, excelling in mobile phone manufacturing, providing drinking water to over 11 crore people, completing metro train work in over 20 cities.