Solar Eclipse 2021 will occur on Thursday, June 10. It will be an Annular Solar Eclipse of magnitude 0.97. The eclipse of June 10, 2021, would not be a Total Solar Eclipse as the shadow of the Moon would cover only 97% of the Sun. The longest duration of the annularity would be 3 minutes and 44 seconds.
As per Hindu beliefs, the Earth’s atmosphere is contaminated during an eclipse, hence everyone should take extra precautions to avoid any harmful side effects due to contamination. Check out Do’s, Don’t and Remedies to avoid inauspicious effects of solar eclipse
Prohibited actions during solar eclipse:
- Avoid sleeping at the time of eclipse, only the elderly, unwell persons and infants are allowed during the eclipse.
- Cooking and eating food during the eclipse period is both inauspicious, but unhealthy people can take medicines.
- One should not buy land during the eclipse period. Initiation of any kind of Manglik work is prohibited.
- It is also prohibited to touch and worship the idol of God during the eclipse period.
- Watering and touching the Tulsi plant is prohibited.
- Pregnant women should avoid going out of the house during the eclipse period.
Remedies to avoid inauspicious effects of solar eclipse:
- Donate wheat, jaggery, copper or ghee to any temple or Brahmin.
- Feed fried Bread to black dogs.
- Offer water to the Sun.
- Chant Aditya Hriday Stotra.
- Feed the cow with green fodder.
- Feed the birds with a mixture of grains.
- Stay away from meat and liquor and keep the conduct pure.
- Donate rice to Durga Mata’s temple.
- Offer water or milk mixed with saffron to Lord Shiva.
The author, Samir Jain, is a Jaipur based astrologer who is an expert in astrology, numerology, palmistry and Vastu. He is also an expert in Jain Temple Vastu and Jain Jyotish. Over the last several years, he has consulted clients from the USA, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, the UK, Australia, Turkey, France, Italy, South Africa, and Germany.